The Youth Strength and Conditioning Coach Course
This is a two day (16 hour) course designed to develop the Youth S&C Coaches of the future.
Our course offers practical and theory based content including three online modules and a two day practical workshop and assessment, delivered by our experienced coaching team. We cover everything from movement assessment, strength and power training, coaching and communicating with young people, game based learning and much more!
You'll take home a framework and curriculum that you can employ in your sessions, ensuring that you get great results in an engaging way with everyone you work with.
We cover the following areas on the YSCA Coach course:
Youth Warm-up and movement preparation
- Game based learning
- Youth movement assessment
- Youth movement management
- Youth strength, power and physical literacy development
- Youth speed, agility and movement training
- The Youth Fitness Business- how to build your youth coaching future.
And much, much more.
The pre-requisites for this course are as follows (minimum one of the following must be presented)
- Youth leader award
- Personal Trainer Level 3
- Sports coach Level 1
- PE Teacher
- Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach (Level 4 or UKSCA)
- Sports science or equivalent degree
- Recognition of prior learning which would include minimum 12 months working with young people within a fitness or sports coaching/teaching environment.
There will be a competency based assessment at the end of the course where participants will be assessed on their ability to take a youth specific speed and agility session and a youth specific physical competency session.
You will therefore be a confident and effective coach, able to deliver physical literacy sessions, speed and agility sessions, and most importantly able to excite, engage and enable young people in their physical movement sessions.
You will also have a thorough business action plan for how to impact your community when you complete the course.